Faulty Wiring

Homes with inadequate wiring can cause fires. Some signs of unsafe wiring are:

  • Lights dim when you use another appliance;

  • In order for an appliance to work you have to disconnect another;

  • Fuses blow or a circuit breaker trips frequently.

Have a licensed electrician inspect your house or contact your landlord if you experience any of these occurrences.

The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Clare Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("Clare Mutual") specifically disclaim any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Clare Mutual. By providing this information to you, Clare Mutual does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.