Electrical appliances, especially ones with a heating element such as toasters, kettles or coffee makers can start a fire. Here some tips to make sure that your equipment is safe:
Check that the cords on your electrical appliances are not frayed.
It is always important to unplug small appliances when not being used.
A power point that is overloaded with adapter plugs can cause a fire from an overloaded electrical circuit.
An extension cord can also be a fire hazard if overloaded or if covered with personal property. Double check appliances and do not overload electrical outlets and extension cords.
The recommendation(s), advice and contents of this material are provided for informational purposes only and do not purport to address every possible legal obligation, hazard, code violation, loss potential or exception to good practice. Clare Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“Clare Mutual”) specifically disclaim any warranty or representation that acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein will make any premises, property or operation safe or in compliance with any law or regulation. Under no circumstances should this material or your acceptance of any recommendations or advice contained herein be construed as establishing the existence or availability of any insurance coverage with Clare Mutual. By providing this information to you, Clare Mutual does not assume (and specifically disclaims) any duty, undertaking or responsibility to you. The decision to accept or implement any recommendation(s) or advice contained in this material must be made by you.