Updated Payment Methods
Our Clare Mutual team realizes that you, our policyholders, are being impacted by the COVID-19 Pandemic. In an effort to assist you in meeting your financial obligations we have the following options to help pay your premiums, lessen the financial burden and accommodate the Clare Mutual office closures to walk in traffic.
Clare Mutual Insurance Policies Only:
Pre Authorized Debit (PAD):
In an effort to assist clients in managing their financial obligations at this time, effective immediately we will be adding a 6 pay option with no financing fee (to calculate your payment for the 6 pay option divide your policy amount by 6; 6 consecutive payments will be taken in first 6 months of the policy), in addition to full pay and 3 pay options. You can request this option by using the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD form) noted below. If you are currently on a 3 pay option, you can divide the remaining amount due by the remaining months to the mid year point of the policy and request a change in payment amount by completing the (PAD form).
- Payments can be withdrawn from an account at any financial institution via PAD.
- Print, fill out and sign an Automatic Funds Transfer form. Scan and send the completed form electronically to email@example.com or mail to Clare Mutual Insurance mailing address (3300 Belliveau Cove, Nova Scotia, B0W 1J0). Please ensure that you include instructions as to which day of the month you prefer your PAD to be processed and note if you want to proceed with the full pay, 3 pay or 6 pay option. Click on the following link to access the pre-authorized form: https://www.caissepopclare.com/Home/ProductsAndServices/YourMoney/ElectronicServices/AutomaticFunds/
12 Month Premium Financing:
- Please call our office for more information at 902-837-4597 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Caisse Populaire de Clare client:
- Through online banking you can add Clare Mutual Insurance Company as a Payee on your Caisse Populaire de Clare online banking platform. Please note that when entering the account number there is a limit of digits, remove any zeros and symbols. Example: if your policy number is HO01234-16 enter HO123416 in the account number field.
- You can setup a payment to Clare Mutual Insurance Company via TeleService (over the phone) by calling 1-800-963-4848.
E-mail money transfers:
- Forward e-mail money transfers to email@example.com
Visa and Master Card:
- We have the ability to process credit card payments for Visa and Master Card. For your protection, we must insist that you call our offices at 902-837-4597 or toll free at 1-877-818-0887 to relay your credit card payment instructions over the phone.
- Please mail all cheques to Clare Mutual Insurance Company (3300 Belliveau Cove, Nova Scotia, B0W1J0).
Debit Payments: Temporarily Unavailable
- Debit payments are temporarily unavailable, while our office is closed to walk in clients, and are replaced with the Pre Authorized Debit (PAD) form, refer back to payment option Pre Authorized Debit (PAD).
Cash Payments: Temporarily Unavailable
- Cash is no longer accepted while our offices are closed to walk in clients. Clients may choose to go into a financial institution and request a bank draft which can then be mailed to Clare Mutual Insurance mailing address (3300 Belliveau Cove, Nova Scotia, B0W1J0).
Making payments to our Broker Partners:
Portage Mutual Insurance:
- payments must be made directly on the Portage Mutual Insurance link https://www.portagemutual.com/PaymentPlans/MakeAPayment.aspx
Nordique and Anderson MacTague:
- E-mail money transfers: Can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a Payment to our Financing Partners:
- You can make a payment directly at Merit Insurance Premium Financing http://www.meritfinance.ca/. Merit Insurance Premium Finance can also be setup as a payee on your online banking platform. If you have any other questions or concerns you can call Merit directly at 1-800-425-2544.